Meredith Hirsh, MBA, FACMPE
Co-Founder and Vice President
As Co-Founder and Vice President of The Hirsh Center, Meredith is the catalyst behind the practice's growth from one rheumatologist and four employees to a team of 40 healthcare professionals dedicated to the patient experience. Responsible for the management of the clinical, administrative, and billing departments, Meredith oversees business development, employee relations, and contracting at The Hirsh Center.
Born in North Miami Beach and raised primarily in the Midwest, Meredith returned to her Florida roots to graduate with her bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida with high honors in Advertising; she later returned to obtain her Master’s in Business Administration. With her extensive educational background, Meredith has integrated her diverse knowledge of business and valuable management experience to support The Hirsh Center’s mission to provide precision joint care through state-of-the-art imaging techniques and compassionate healthcare, offering patients a better quality of life.
Meredith prioritizes community involvement by participating in a multitude of professional organizations where she shares her journey with others and provides insight on how to establish and develop a successful medical practice. Meredith is a speaker for the American College of Rheumatology, Florida Society of Rheumatology, Medical Group Management Association, and Palm Beach County Medical Society, as well as an adjunct faculty member of Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business.
- “Managing Millennials in a Multigenerational Workplace,” Florida Society of Rheumatology
- “Hiring and Managing Millennials,” Palm Beach County Medical Society
- “Performance Evaluations: When and How to Discipline or Terminate,” Florida Medical Group Management Association; American College of Rheumatology; Florida Society of Rheumatology
- “Utilizing Non-Physician Providers Effectively,” Palm Beach County Medical Society
- “How Does Your Compensation Add Up?” Florida Society of Rheumatology
- “Story of an Entrepreneur,” University of Florida Professional MBA; Saint Andrew’s High School
- “Staffing for Efficiency,” Florida Society of Rheumatology
- University of Florida College of Journalism, Senior Advertising Campaign’s class, company client project
- "Risk and Crisis Management: What COVID-19 Taught Us,” Palm Beach County Medical Society, October 2021
- Florida Atlantic University, adjunct faculty, College of Business Executive Education, 2019 to present
- Certified Medical Business Management program: Operations and Legal, Regulatory and Compliance
- History of Health Insurance and the Healthcare System
- Health Insurances and its Impact on a Practice
- Customer Service: Communicating with Internal and External Clients
- Presentation Skills: Business Writing and Verbal Communication
- Negotiations: from Inception to Execution
- Risk and Crisis Management
- Managing a Stellar Billing Team: The Backbone of a Medical Business
- Practice Growth: Developing a Strategic Plan
- Medical Business Marketing
- Outsourced Services and Alliances
Meredith presenting on “Utilizing non-Physician Providers Effectively” for the Palm Beach County Medical Society’s Health Care Connection Series.
Chief Operating Officer
With over 14 years of medical experience, including orthopedics, home health care, and physical therapy, Shelli joined the Hirsh Center Team in 2015. Shelli worked for over ten years as an Analyst and Operations Manager for AT&T. A native of Oklahoma, Shelli earned both of her degrees in Radiologic Sciences and Business Management.
In 2022, Shelli transitioned from the Clinical Operations Manager to the Chief Operating Officer. In this expanded role, Shelli is accountable for operating business segments of the practice. Shelli provides leadership, management, and implementation of proper operational controls to help effectively grow the practice. She provides management to staff and leadership to the organization that aligns with the company’s core values. Shelli partners with our CEO to provide financial decisions, reporting, and regulations. Her role is also responsible for setting challenging goals for company growth. Shelli is responsible for employee engagement by fostering a growth-oriented, positive, and encouraging environment. Shelli establishes and maintains strategic relationships with vendors to guarantee a smooth operating workflow. She executes business plans and strategies developed by the CEO with the long-term goals of the company always in sight. Shelli also manages company expenses and implements tactical procedures to combat losses. She endeavors to create a positive experience for each Hirsh Center patient.
Billing Operations Manager
Born in Queens, New York, Susan moved with her family to Lantana, Florida in 1989. With a passion for healthcare, Susan decided to study medical billing and coding and now has over 20 years’ experience in the medical billing field. Before joining The Hirsh Center as a Billing Specialist in 2013, Susan worked in Hematology and Oncology for 6 years, moving up to become the Billing Manager for a small practice in Boynton Beach. Since joining The Hirsh Center, Susan’s dedication and strong work ethic have led to multiple promotions, most recently to Billing Operations Manager in 2018.
With a wealth of billing experience, Susan provides solid direction and comprehensive knowledge to our billing team. She directly supervises three team members to ensure accuracy and efficiency in insurance verification, data entry, collections, reimbursement and denial management. Susan is a member of The Hirsh Center’s leadership team which helps provide direction and support to our entire work family. Susan’s expertise and guidance have propelled The Hirsh Center to sore beyond industry-standard benchmarks.