Co-Founder and Vice President
As the co-founder and Vice President of The Hirsh Center, Meredith Hirsh is the catalyst behind the practice’s growth from one rheumatologist and four employees to four providers and 30 staff members dedicated to the patient experience. Responsible for the management of the clinical, administrative and billing departments, Meredith oversees business development, employee relations, and contracting at The Hirsh Center.
Meredith graduated with her Bachelor's degree from the University of Florida with high honors in Advertising, and she later returned to obtain her Master's in Business Administration. With a multidisciplinary educational background, Meredith combines her business and management experience to ensure The Hirsh Center provides state-of-the-art patient care and service. Her innovation and vision motivate The Hirsh Center staff to achieve their own professional and personal goals within the practice.
Meredith maintains community involvement by participating in a multitude of professional organizations where she shares her journey with others and provides insight on how to establish a successful medical practice. Meredith is a speaker for the American College of Rheumatology, Florida Society of Rheumatology, Medical Group Management Association and Palm Beach County Medical Society, as well as an adjunct faculty member of Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business.
- “Managing Millennials in a Multigenerational Workplace,” Florida Society of Rheumatology
- “Hiring and Managing Millennials,” Palm Beach County Medical Society
- “Performance Evaluations: When and How to Discipline or Terminate,” Florida Medical Group Management Association; American College of Rheumatology; Florida Society of Rheumatology
- “Utilizing Non-Physician Providers Effectively,” Palm Beach County Medical Society
- “How Does Your Compensation Add Up?” Florida Society of Rheumatology
- “Story of an Entrepreneur,” University of Florida Professional MBA; Saint Andrew’s High School
- “Staffing for Efficiency,” Florida Society of Rheumatology
- University of Florida College of Journalism, Senior Advertising Campaign’s class, company client project
- Florida Atlantic University, adjunct faculty, College of Business Executive Education, 2019 to present
- Certified Medical Business Management program: Operations and Legal, Regulatory and Compliance
- History of Health Insurance and the Healthcare System
- Health Insurances and its Impact on a Practice
- Customer Service: Communicating with Internal and External Clients
- Presentation Skills: Business Writing and Verbal Communication
- Negotiations: from Inception to Execution
- Risk and Crisis Management
- Managing a Stellar Billing Team: The Backbone of a Medical Business
- Practice Growth: Developing a Strategic Plan
- Medical Business Marketing
- Outsourced Services and Alliances
Meredith presenting on “Utilizing non-Physician Providers Effectively” for the Palm Beach County Medical Society’s Health Care Connection Series.
Administrative Operations Manager
Born and raised in Delray Beach, Carrie joined the Hirsh Center team in 2010. With a bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management from the University of Florida, Carrie has applied her customer service background to transform the front desk operations of the practice. Before entering the medical field, Carrie worked at The Breakers and The Marriott Hotel where she gained invaluable client experiences and honed her customer service expertise. By completing medical billing coursework, Carrie began her career infusing hospitality and healthcare to provide top-notch patient service.
Carrie was promoted to Front Office Manager in 2013 to oversee administrative operations and train front office staff to uphold The Hirsh Center’s professional standards in all interactions. She successfully implemented numerous policies and procedures to prioritize the patient experience and keep the practice running smoothly. Carrie took on the role of Administrative Operations Manager in October 2018, merging her role of Front Office Manager with Marketing and Human Resources Management.
Billing Operations Manager
Born in Queens, New York, Susan moved with her family to Lantana, Florida in 1989. With a passion for healthcare, Susan decided to study medical billing and coding and now has over 20 years’ experience in the medical billing field. Before joining The Hirsh Center as a Billing Specialist in 2013, Susan worked in Hematology and Oncology for 6 years, moving up to become the Billing Manager for a small practice in Boynton Beach. Since joining The Hirsh Center, Susan’s dedication and strong work ethic have led to multiple promotions, most recently to Billing Administrative Manager in 2018.
With a wealth of billing experience, Susan provides solid direction and comprehensive knowledge to our billing team. She directly supervises three team members to ensure accuracy and efficiency in insurance verification, data entry, collections, reimbursement and denial management. Susan is a member of The Hirsh Center’s leadership team which helps provide direction and support to our entire work family. Susan’s expertise and guidance have propelled The Hirsh Center to sore beyond industry-standard benchmarks.
Clinical Operations Manager
With over ten years of medical experience, including orthopedics, home health care, and physical therapy, Shelli joined the Hirsh Center Team in 2015. Shelli worked for over ten years as an Analyst and Operations Manager for AT&T. A native of Oklahoma, Shelli earned both of her associates’ degrees in Radiologic Sciences and Business Management from Tulsa Junior College.
In 2018, Shelli transitioned from Clinical Manager to Clinical Operations Manager. In this expanded role, Shelli oversees patient flow and process improvement, continuously evaluating the quality of service provided and identifying ways to increase efficiency. Her role is also responsible for overseeing activities related to inventory control and managing effective and efficient vendor initiatives that forge long-term relationships. Shelli has improved the clinical staff training process and successfully launched the durable medical equipment initiative and infusion suite. By creating and tracking clinical team goals, Shelli endeavors to create a positive experience for each Hirsh Center patient.